January 16, 2011

A Dinning Room Table Created.

B. and I moved into a new apartment in August.

It was a tad bit different than our old apartment because with this one WE had to furnish it.

This was exciting.

I had a lot of goodies from where I had already lived in an unfurnished apartment my Sophomore and Junior year.


But there was one thing I nor B. had.
and that was a....

DINNING ROOM TABLE

I don't know about you but I think dinning room tables are a tad bit over priced.
I found NOTHING of good quality that I liked under $400.00
Which is CRAZY!

My mom called me one night telling me about this table she saw in a Pier one imports magazine.
she sent me a picture of it and I was in love. 

I had to make this MY dinning room table.


So... this is where the challenge began.

My mom, grandma and I all set out to looking in consignment shops for tables and chairs I could fix up.

my mammaw came across this beauty. for $25.00




I painted the legs and body with a white paint that I had used in a previous project that I will blog about at a later date.

And it turned into this =)
Already looking better!


We and by that I mean my mom found some chairs on Craigslist for $40.00
They were sturdy and unique and full of potential
I loved them.


So I sanded them and as directed by Lowe's hard wears painting center painted the chairs with a grey primer.

(you do this so you do not have to paint as many layers of red and let me tell you it worked!!! I know this because my parents bedroom is a beautiful red. But it took a BAZILLION coats of paint to get it just right)




Here they are after one coat! Looking pretty good I thought.

I ended up painting 2 coats just to be safe!

Grey primer $6.00
Red Paint $11.00
(both only a quart)



Another not so appealing thing about these chairs were........the seat cushions.


can you sayyyy U G L Y......




So off to hobby lobby B. and I went.
After about 45 minutes of deciding we choose this pretty fabric.

It is navy blue with flowers on it. super country looking... but I loved it!
$12.00
(and I even had enough to recover a foot stool too!)





Here is the final project next to the inspirational magazine set up!



I think it turned out pretty well! and ALL for UNDER $100.00
(take a look at how much it would have been out of this magazine!(around $570.00)

I think we did a pretty dang good job!!!! 

(sorry for the poor picture quality I am currently without a working camera and these were all taken on my phone.)
 

3 comments:

  1. It turned out really well.....actually you did such a good job on the chairs...i might can find a job or two for refabricing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks EVEN better than the magazine!!!

    love it!
    love how crafty you are!! :):) can't wait for you to twice new my furnishings next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally...i like your handy, craft job a LOT better (:

    ReplyDelete