August 6, 2011

feel your heart race...

A few weeks ago I made a trip to Randleman.
This is a trip I always LOVE taking.
My dad first introduce our family to this camp years ago,
because he helped build this place.
(and he did a dang good job at it too!)






Since the my dad made a bid on this camp it has held a special place in his heart,
and with that it has also found its way into the hearts of Courtney, Ryan, Mom & I.

This camp is wonderful and I love everything about it.
I love the opportunities it gives to the children and the sheer amount of love and happiness it give to every single camper, even though they might be facing the hardest battle of their life.

Because my dad has a heart that is bigger than anyone else I know, I know his heart feels warm knowing that his children love being able to help and give in the way he does.

We have not yet been able to be a volunteer while the campers are in session but I know this is something that I will be doing and I believe my sister feels the same way.

So a few weeks ago I went and painted this fire hydrant.



And with a little help from one of my helpers we ended up with something that looked a little bit like this =)


I loved the finished product! LOVED IT!
It turned out so much better than I had imagined it!



Now Court and I will be making another trip to Randleman for this....




Now we are only doing the 5K this go round but we are SOOO excited about it!


and after we finish our race we will be painting up some more of the fire hydrants making them look fun and cool for the kids to enjoy!

Have a Happy Saturday!






1 comment: