April 28, 2011

the one we had the longest.

Sunday was a beautiful day.
A beautiful day for a beautiful holiday
It was filled with lots of family and lots of love.


But Sunday was the day that this dog.....




....left us.


This was the dog we had the longest.
The dog that my brother grew up knowing.
The dog that caused many a fights.
The dog that like my mom said sadly understood the real meaning of hunger.
The dog that I feel we save and gave a wonderful life too.
 The dog that actually got to grew old with us.

I am so glad that my mom begged my dad to get this dog!
He was so kind, gentle & loving.
And even though he left his marks all the way up and down the hood of my car he was a great addition to our family!




Saturday my dad and I took a walk down to our pond.




Chess followed along.
So I snapped a few shots!








and now I am really glad I did! =)



2 comments:

  1. this made my tears flow once again.....I am glad you took these great pictures of Chessie! I still find myself looking for him in the afternoons....and with the bad thunderstorm this week I think of him constantly....and I am glad he isn't afraid anymore. He was a fighter....and had just a gentle soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture of the pond!! :) and of chester <3

    ReplyDelete